Chilled Lemon Flan (serves 4)
Turn on oven 300 F, 150 C, Gas 2
For the flan case
4 oz digestive biscuits
2 oz butter
1 level tablespoon of caster sugar
For the filling
Quarter of a pint of double cream
6 oz condensed milk
2 large lemons
For the topping
Lightly whipped double cream
Fresh or crystallised lemon slices
- Crush biscuits with a rolling pin.
- Melt butter in a pan, add sugar then blend into the biscuit crumbs.
- Mix well, then turn mixture into a 7 inch flan dish and press into place with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Mix together cream, condensed milk and finely grated lemon rind. Slowly beat in the lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into the flan case and chill for several hours until firm.
- Just before serving decorate the flan with a whirl of lightly whipped cream and the lemon slices.